Higher National Diploma in Landscape & Garden Design
The Design Ecademy is a certified BTEC centre. Our BTEC HND (Higher National Diploma) in Landscape & Garden Design will be available to students soon, but you can take the first step today by enrolling on the diploma course, which will form the first part of the HND program. The BTEC HND (Higher National Diploma) is an internationally recognised award that is valued at 240 credits in the UK (equivalent to 60 US semester credits). Ordinarily, a BTEC HND program requires two years of full-time study. However, this distance learning course will provide you with the opportunity to achieve this sought-after award in as little as two years, while continuing to work in your existing employment.
The BTEC HND in Landscape & Garden Design will be a two to three year program that will be divided into two distinct stages as follows:
Stage One - The Diploma Course in Landscape & Garden Design will form the first part of the BTEC HND program, and it is usually completed within a 12 month period. On successful completion of this first stage, you will be awarded the The Design Ecademy Diploma in Landscape & Garden Design . At that point you may decide to begin your design career, gaining valuable experience as you continue your studies and while you still have the guidance of expert tutors on hand. You may enrol on this program today and begin taking your first steps towards achieving the HND.
Stage Two - The second part of this program may also be completed within 12 months, however students will be allowed up to 3 years in total for the entire BTEC HND program. This allows you to set your own schedule to suit the amount of free time you have available. On successful completion of both stages, you will receive the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Landscape & Garden Design , which will be jointly awarded by The Design Ecademy and Edexcel International.
The second stage of this HND program will encompass the following modules in detail:
- Exterior lighting design – designing and specifying lighting schemes for aesthetics, safety and security
- Advanced design communication techniques – 3D axonometric & perspective drawing, rendering and construction drawing and documentation
- Building construction for landscape designers – light building structures including decks, patios & driveways and walls
- Project management – including budget development, preparing work schedules, co-ordinating contractors and preparing contracts
- History of garden design – a study of the development of garden designs around the world since the 17 th century
- Landscape maintenance – understanding what needs to be done, when and developing a maintenance schedule for clients
- Marketing – understanding the relationship between marketing and design to communicate an effective corporate message as you develop designs that promote yourself and your commercial clients
Our course structure has been uniquely created to progress naturally from one level to the next, yet each stage is a complete course in itself. Practical experience is essential in the design industry and this approach was taken to enable you enter the industry after completing stage one, if you choose, and gain valuable work experience as you continue with your studies. We are the only organisation that we know of to deliberately structure our awards in this way and the benefits to you as a student are obvious. The full HND in Landscape & Garden Design will be available soon. However, you can take your first steps today by enrolling now on the Diploma in Landscape & Garden Design