Higher National Diploma in Image & Fashion Styling
The Design Ecademy is a certified Edexcel centre. Our Edexcel HND (Higher National Diploma) in Image & Fashion Styling will be available to students in the near future, but you can take the first step today by enrolling on the diploma course, which will form the first part of the HND program. The Edexcel HND (Higher National Diploma) is an internationally recognised award that is valued at 240 credits in the UK (equivalent to 60 US semester credits).
Ordinarily, a Edexcel HND program requires two years of full-time study. However, this distance learning course will provide you with the opportunity to achieve this sought-after award in as little as two years, while continuing to work in your existing employment.
The Edexcel HND in Image & Fashion Styling will be a two to three year program that will be divided into two distinct stages as follows:
Stage One - The Diploma Course in Image & Fashion Styling will form the first part of the Edexcel HND program, and it is usually completed within a 12 month period. On successful completion of this first stage, you will be awarded the The Design Ecademy Diploma in Image & Fashion Styling. At that point you may decide to begin your styling career, gaining valuable experience as you continue your studies and while you still have the guidance of expert tutors on hand. You may enrol on this program today and begin taking your first steps towards achieving the HND.
Stage Two - The second part of the image and fashion styling program may also be completed within 12 months, however students will be allowed up to 3 years in total for the entire Edexcel HND program. This allows you to set your own schedule to suit the amount of free time you have available. On successful completion of both stages, you will receive the Edexcel Higher National Diploma in Image & Fashion Styling, which will be jointly awarded by The Design Ecademy and Edexcel International.
The second stage of this HND program will encompass the following modules in detail:
- History of fashion and style – a study of the progression of fashion, style and accessories throughout the ages, and the elements and personalities that have influenced their development.
- Commercial Styling - commercial styling spans a wide range of styling areas such as retail layout, fashion merchandising and display, learn how to create visual designs as well as style for the media (TV, advertising and film).
- Sketching & Illustration - this is an introduction to fashion sketching that allows you to develop your skills and create your own illustration style.
- Working with Garments - sourcing vintage and specialised clothing, alteration and customisation techniques for individual and unique styling.
- Professional Practice - practical advice and guidance on working in the fashion industry with other skilled professionals.
- Fashion Industry - the fashion industry has a unique and fast passed rhythm of its own, understand how the whole operation works and the people and timescales involved.
Our HND in Image & Fashion Styling course structure has been uniquely created to progress naturally from one level to the next, yet each stage is a complete course in itself. Practical experience is essential in the image and fashion industry and this approach was taken to enable you enter the industry after completing stage one, if you choose, and gain valuable work experience as you continue with your studies. We are the only organisation that we know of to deliberately structure our awards in this way and the benefits to you as a student are obvious.
The full HND in Image & Fashion Styling is expected to be available in the near future. However, you can take your first steps today by enrolling now on the Diploma in Image & Fashion Styling