- Work at your own pace
- Ready when you are 24/7
- Never miss a class or lesson
- Step-by-step Video Tutorials
- Full support & a personal tutor
- Connect with students all over the world
CPD (Continuing Professional Development) is a term that is recognised across all industry sectors and is widely defined as a commitment to self-improvement and education within your industry area. It is a way for professional individuals to enhance existing skills and learn new ones relevant for your industry. Updating skills and knowledge on a continuing basis is now becoming expected in order to improve your career progression. CPD demonstrates your commitment to life-long learning and personal development.
CPD Standards Office (CPDSO) accredits all of our Professional Certificate courses and they equate to 200 hours of CPD. CPD accreditation demonstrates a structured approach to self-improvement and learning in your career sector. The Design Ecademy delivers the Professional Certificate Courses through a vocational approach and therefore they provide specific, relevant and recognised training for those wishing to expand their career and skills. All Professional Certifcates are certified, please click here to view sample certificate from CPDSO. You will also receive certification from The Design Ecademy.
This Online Curtains & Soft-Furnishing Design Course Is the only course of its kind to focus on the subject of curtain and soft-furnishing DESIGN as opposed to practical sewing and curtain-making. It will help you to understand how curtains and soft furnishings are constructed and the many ways in which fabrics can be combined. With this knowledge, you’ll be able to design for any style and budget. The course is JAM PACKED and our online prospectus will give you a full overview of the course. However, here's a very brief overview to whet your appetite...
A soft-furnishing designer does not necessarily make soft-furnishings themselves (although many do), but they understand how various items are made and fitted, and they know how to use simple techniques to help their clients achieve a co-ordinated interior that is unique and tailored to their individual style. Curtains and window treatments can be very costly and many people have to live with their mistakes once their budget is spent. Whether you want to design for yourself or clients, the knowledge you will gain on this course will help you to design treatments to suit any style and to maximise results for budgets of all sizes.
Topics covered include:
- The fundamentals of curtain design — Headings, bodies and leading edges
- Pelmets and valances – Explore the styles available and the pros and cons of each
- Choosing fabrics – Practical considerations and the pitfalls to avoid
- Poles, tracks and accessories — A checklist and pointers for choosing correctly
- Readymade curtains & soft furnishings — When and how to use them successfully
- Soft furnishings & accessories — Using them to create a look that is individual & stylish
- Calculating fabric requirements & prices – Our formula & templates to help you prepare accurate calculations